Success is rarely accomplished alone
The Military and Veteran Success Center is dedicated to helping Military Dependents, Veterans, Active Duty, Guard, and Reserve Students accomplish their academic goals.
- November 21, 2023 Huskers maintain Ruck March tradition in support of veterans
- November 10, 2023 Allison’s experience as military dependent fuels organizing of National Roll Call
- November 10, 2023 Wah connects military community to entrepreneurship
- November 10, 2023 Ziepke tapped for Space Force; first woman selected from ROTC Detachment 465
- November 8, 2023 Air Force veteran builds larger-than-life Herbie to benefit others
- November 8, 2023 Nebraska climbs to 22nd on ‘Best for Vets’ list, first in Big Ten
- November 8, 2023 Potratz provides resources, mentorship to fellow student veterans
- November 8, 2023 Nebraska’s National Roll Call will be Nov. 10
- October 24, 2023 Young Alumni Academy welcomes new members
- October 24, 2023 From Army officer to associate dean, Barrera finds home in Lincoln
The Military & Veteran Success Center (MVSC) is excited to offer free tutoring in Math, Science, Writing, English and Spanish. Tutoring will be offered Monday – Thursday from 4:30-7:30pm (unless otherwise specified) in the MVSC, Room 16 of the Nebraska Union. Tutoring is sponsored by Union Pacific Railroad and the Lincoln Community Foundation.
MVSC on East Campus
Every Tuesday the MVSC will have office hours on East Campus in Student Union starting Aug 30th.
Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS)
Free confidential session every Tuesday from 10:30-12pm in the MVSC
Please see MVSC staff for more information
Veterans Service Officer - William Richard
Every other Tuesday
Starting Sept. 6th, 1-4 p.m.
Stop by the Center for dates
Lincoln Veteran Center - Ken Colson or Kyle Lamb
Every other Monday
Start date Aug. 29th, 2-4 p.m.
Stop by the Center for dates
Virtual Veterans Coffee and Counsel
Free legal services for veterans. Veterans are paired with senior certified law students who will provide legal advice under the supervision of clinical law faculty. See flyer for complete details of the program, to include the legal issues covered, and how to apply for assistance with a legal matter.
The University of Nebraska-Lincoln has a long history of honoring and serving student veterans. From General Pershing to our modern day leaders, our obligation to honor our values of Learning, Excellence, Achievement, Diversity, Engagement, and fostering discovery through Research is the hallmark and symbol of excellence that transcends the potential that student veterans bring to UNL.
At the University of Nebraska-Lincoln, you'll join current veterans, dependents, and active duty, National Guard, and reserve members attending as undergraduate and graduate students; numerous current faculty and staff veterans; and Air Force, Army, and Navy ROTC program participants.
The transition from volunteer service, and for some, continued service in the military, to a college student can be an unfamiliar and a challenging experience. Our goal is to support student veterans to become comfortable and aware of campus and community resources focused on academic success.
Celebrating 20 Years at Nebraska!
Deb, Congratulations on 20 years of service! We want to say thank you for your commitment and dedication to serving our students. We appreciate you and everything you do here at the Military & Veteran Success Center.
Our goal is to encourage engagement outside the classroom through advising, career decision-making, financial planning, health services and other personal support resources.
We aim to provide a support system that will ease and accelerate the transition of student veterans and their military-dependents.
We assist student veterans and military dependents in their development of academic success strategies and achieving goals through life coaching.