Success is rarely accomplished alone
The Military and Veteran Success Center is dedicated to helping Military Dependents, Veterans, Active Duty, Guard, and Reserve Students accomplish their academic goals.
- September 23, 2021 University to celebrate homecoming with ‘The Good Life’
- September 23, 2021 Drive aims to collect 3,000 items for Husker Pantry
- September 20, 2021 Participation in voluntary vaccine registry continues to grow
- September 16, 2021 COVID-19 Digest: Pfizer vaccine clinics are Sept. 16
- September 16, 2021 Navy hosts Air Force as sports world remembers 9/11
- September 16, 2021 Nebraska joins the Big Ten for One Big Week
- September 9, 2021 Chancellor listens, outlines steps to expand sexual misconduct services, resources
- September 9, 2021 Vast majority of Huskers participate in voluntary vaccine registry
- September 9, 2021 Nebraska in the national news: August 2021
- September 9, 2021 Campus policies, procedures support student learning during isolation, quarantine
UNL Student Accommodations for COVID-19 Risk
The Military & Veteran Success Center (MVSC) is excited to offer free tutoring in Math, Science, Writing/English, Engineering and Spanish. Tutoring will be offered Monday – Thursday from 4:30-7:30pm in the MVSC, Room 16 of the Nebraska Union. Tutoring is sponsored by Union Pacific Railroad and the Lincoln Community Foundation.
MVSC on East Campus
Every Thursday the MVSC will have office hours on East Campus in the Student Union.
Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS)
Free confidential session every Tuesday from 10:30-12pm in the MVSC
VITAL Program - Kyle Lamb
Starting Feb. 4th, 8:00 - 4:00 pm in the Military and Veteran Success Center
Veterans Service Officer - Erin Colson
Every other Wednesday
Starting Aug. 25th, 2:45-4:45 p.m.
Lincoln Veteran Center - Ken Colson
Twice a month on Mondays
Start date Aug. 30th, 2:00 - 4:00
Stop by the Center for dates
Virtual Veterans Coffee and Counsel
Free legal services for veterans. Veterans are paired with senior certified law students who will provide legal advice under the supervision of clinical law faculty. See flyer for complete details of the program, to include the legal issues covered, and how to apply for assistance with a legal matter.
The University of Nebraska-Lincoln has a long history of honoring and serving student veterans. From General Pershing to our modern day leaders, our obligation to honor our values of Learning, Excellence, Achievement, Diversity, Engagement, and fostering discovery through Research is the hallmark and symbol of excellence that transcends the potential that student veterans bring to UNL.
At the University of Nebraska-Lincoln, you'll join current veterans, dependents, and active duty, National Guard, and reserve members attending as undergraduate and graduate students; numerous current faculty and staff veterans; and Air Force, Army, and Navy ROTC program participants.
The transition from volunteer service, and for some, continued service in the military, to a college student can be an unfamiliar and a challenging experience. Our goal is to support student veterans to become comfortable and aware of campus and community resources focused on academic success.
Celebrating 15 Years at Nebraska!
Tom, Congratulations on 15 years of service! We want to say thank you for your commitment and dedication to serving our students. We appreciate you and everything you do here at the Military & Veteran Success Center.
Our goal is to encourage engagement outside the classroom through advising, career decision-making, financial planning, health services and other personal support resources.
We aim to provide a support system that will ease and accelerate the transition of student veterans and their military-dependents.
We assist student veterans and military dependents in their development of academic success strategies and achieving goals through life coaching.