Success is rarely accomplished alone
The Military and Veteran Success Center is dedicated to helping Military Dependents, Veterans, Active Duty, Guard, and Reserve Students accomplish their academic goals.
- November 24, 2020 Student-veteran finds success, builds community at Nebraska
- November 24, 2020 Ruck March participants logging miles separately, but together, to raise awareness
- November 24, 2020 ‘Leading Nebraska’ podcast chronicles Carter’s journey from Navy to NU
- November 16, 2020 Huskers voice hopes, inspiration through thankfulness project
- November 11, 2020 Veterans’ Tribute design plans, fundraising continue
- November 11, 2020 COVID-19 testing sites expand end-of-semester access starting Nov. 16
- November 11, 2020 Veterans Day film showing honors Native American, Alaska Native military service
- November 10, 2020 National Roll Call remembrance Nov. 11
- November 10, 2020 Morrill Hall offers free admission to active military, veterans Nov. 11-15
- November 9, 2020 COVID Digest: Chancellor calls for diligence as city/county risk elevates to red
Wednesday, November 4, 2020
University Career Services is hoping to increase the number of UNL students self-reporting their participation in experiential learning....Full details
Monday, November 9, 2020
Don’t miss TRICARE’s Open Season Nov. 9th - Dec. 14th
Open season applies to anyone enrolled in or eligible for a TRICARE Prime option or TRICARE Select.Full details
UNL Student Accommodations for COVID-19 Risk
Free Tutoring, December 2020 3-week sessions
Free tutoring is available upon request for Writing/English, Engineering, Math, and Science. If you need to schedule a time to meet with a tutor please don’t hesitate to reach out to Thomas Allison by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 402-472-4130.
Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS)
Free confidential Zoom session every Tuesday from 2-3pm starting Aug 25th
VITAL Program - Kyle Lamb
Starting August 13th, 8:00 - 4:00 pm in the Military and Veteran Success Center
Veterans Service Officer - Matt Starkey
Twice a month on Wednesdays
Start date Aug. 26th - Stop by the Center for dates
Lincoln Veteran Center - Ken Colson
Twice a month on Mondays
Start date Aug. 31st, 2:00 - 4:00
Stop by the Center for dates
Virtual Veterans Coffee and Counsel
Free legal services for veterans. Veterans are paired with senior certified law students who will provide legal advice under the supervision of clinical law faculty. See flyer for complete details of the program, to include the legal issues covered, and how to apply for assistance with a legal matter.
The University of Nebraska-Lincoln has a long history of honoring and serving student veterans. From General Pershing to our modern day leaders, our obligation to honor our values of Learning, Excellence, Achievement, Diversity, Engagement, and fostering discovery through Research is the hallmark and symbol of excellence that transcends the potential that student veterans bring to UNL.
At the University of Nebraska-Lincoln, you'll join current veterans, dependents, and active duty, National Guard, and reserve members attending as undergraduate and graduate students; numerous current faculty and staff veterans; and Air Force, Army, and Navy ROTC program participants.
The transition from volunteer service, and for some, continued service in the military, to a college student can be an unfamiliar and a challenging experience. Our goal is to support student veterans to become comfortable and aware of campus and community resources focused on academic success.
Celebrating 15 Years at Nebraska!
Tom, Congratulations on 15 years of service! We want to say thank you for your commitment and dedication to serving our students. We appreciate you and everything you do here at the Military & Veteran Success Center.
Our goal is to encourage engagement outside the classroom through advising, career decision-making, financial planning, health services and other personal support resources.
We aim to provide a support system that will ease and accelerate the transition of student veterans and their military-dependents.
We assist student veterans and military dependents in their development of academic success strategies and achieving goals through life coaching.