The University of Nebraska-Lincoln has a long history of honoring and serving student veterans. From General Pershing to our modern day leaders, our obligation to honor our values of Learning, Excellence, Achievement, Diversity, Engagement, and fostering discovery through Research is the hallmark and symbol of excellence that transcends the potential that student veterans bring to UNL.
At the University of Nebraska-Lincoln, you'll join current veterans, dependents, and active duty, National Guard, and reserve members attending as under-graduate and graduate students; numerous current faculty and staff veterans; and Air Force, Army, and Navy ROTC program participants.
The transition from volunteer service, and for some, continued service in the military, to a college student can be an unfamiliar and a challenging experience. Our goal is to support student veterans to become comfortable and aware of campus and community resources focused on academic success.
- February 20, 2017 Pat Tillman Scholarship Foundation
- February 20, 2017 UCARE accepting undergraduate applications Due Date: March 3
- February 9, 2017 The Fisher House Foundation Scholarship - 17 February DEADLINE
- February 3, 2017 Six Business Skills Every New Graduate Needs to Develop
- February 3, 2017 Start a Conversation About Mental Health
- January 27, 2017 Writing Center launches Write-With-Us Fridays
- January 11, 2017 Wellness Kitchen located on East Campus Recreation, provides people with simple recipes to make food and demonstrates how to.
- January 11, 2017 Apply for May 2017 Graduation by January 27, 2017
Thursday, January 26, 2017
Check out events, news and more in this months newsletterFull details
Tuesday, January 31, 2017
Dish it up
Discuss hot topics on campus and in society (Oasis Lounge) 12-1pmFull details
Thursday, February 9, 2017
Betty Walker Military Memorial Scholarship: $500
This scholarship fund commemorates the life of Betty Walker, a native of Nebraska and a Husker fan.Full details
Monday, February 20, 2017
Pat Tillman Scholarship Foundation
The application closes March 1st.Full details
Our goal is to encourage engagement outside the classroom through advising, career decision-making, financial planning, health services and other personal support resources.
We aim to provide a support system that will ease and accelerate the transition of student veterans and their military-dependents.
We assist student veterans and military dependents in their development of academic success strategies and achieving goals through life coaching.