The University of Nebraska-Lincoln has a long history of honoring and serving student veterans. From General Pershing to our modern day leaders, our obligation to honor our values of Learning, Excellence, Achievement, Diversity, Engagement, and fostering discovery through Research is the hallmark and symbol of excellence that transcends the potential that student veterans bring to UNL.
At the University of Nebraska-Lincoln, you'll join current veterans, dependents, and active duty, National Guard, and reserve members attending as under-graduate and graduate students; numerous current faculty and staff veterans; and Air Force, Army, and Navy ROTC program participants.
The transition from volunteer service, and for some, continued service in the military, to a college student can be an unfamiliar and a challenging experience. Our goal is to support student veterans to become comfortable and aware of campus and community resources focused on academic success.
- May 12, 2017 U.S. Department of Defense
- May 3, 2017 21 ROTC cadets to receive military commissions
- May 3, 2017 MAY COMMENCEMENT 2017
- April 24, 2017 SVA Calls on Congress to Expand the GI Bill and Secure it for Future Generations
- April 7, 2017 100th Anniversary of US entering WWI
- March 30, 2017 Thomas Hudner Jr. intentionally crashed his plane into a mountainside near that of fellow pilot Jesse L. Brown
- March 1, 2017 Compared to their peers, the millions of student veterans who have and are using the Post-9/11 GI Bill since 2009 are the unknow
- February 9, 2017 The Fisher House Foundation Scholarship - 17 February DEADLINE
Friday, May 5, 2017
Wanted: Student Veterans to be Tutors
Starting in the Fall of 2017, the Military & Veteran Success Center will provide FREE tutoring in Math and Chemistry courses.Full details
Monday, May 22, 2017
Because 22 is 22 too many. This month provides another great opportunity to connect with your battle buddy. Dialogue may be all it takes.Full details
Sunday, June 11, 2017
Blazing Trails for Brain Injury
5K Run & 1 Mile Walk/RollFull details
Our goal is to encourage engagement outside the classroom through advising, career decision-making, financial planning, health services and other personal support resources.
We aim to provide a support system that will ease and accelerate the transition of student veterans and their military-dependents.
We assist student veterans and military dependents in their development of academic success strategies and achieving goals through life coaching.