The University of Nebraska-Lincoln has a long history of honoring and serving student veterans. From General Pershing to our modern day leaders, our obligation to honor our values of Learning, Excellence, Achievement, Diversity, Engagement, and fostering discovery through Research is the hallmark and symbol of excellence that transcends the potential that student veterans bring to UNL.
At the University of Nebraska-Lincoln, you'll join current veterans, dependents, and active duty, National Guard, and reserve members attending as under-graduate and graduate students; numerous current faculty and staff veterans; and Air Force, Army, and Navy ROTC program participants.
The transition from volunteer service, and for some, continued service in the military, to a college student can be an unfamiliar and a challenging experience. Our goal is to support student veterans to become comfortable and aware of campus and community resources focused on academic success.
- January 19, 2017 Academic Support & Free Tutoring
- January 19, 2017 Invest in Yourself
- January 11, 2017 Wellness Kitchen located on East Campus Recreation, provides people with simple recipes to make food and demonstrates how to.
- January 11, 2017 Apply for May 2017 Graduation by January 27, 2017
- January 11, 2017 Student Veteran Scholarship for $12,000
- December 14, 2016 Expanded food pantry to open in Nebraska Union
- December 9, 2016 State Department Jobs and Internship Opportunities
- December 6, 2016 Scientifically, The Best Ways To Prepare For Final Exams
Wednesday, January 11, 2017
Military and Veteran Newsletter - January
Check our monthly newsletter for news of events and deadlines going on each month!Full details
Monday, January 16, 2017
Martin Luther King Jr. Week Observances 16-20 January
Martin Luther King Jr. Week at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln will begin with the 22nd Annual MLK Youth Rally and March at 8 a.m. Jan. 1Full details
Thursday, January 19, 2017
FREE Event: MAZE is a progressive magic show.Full details
Friday, January 20, 2017
Jim Wand Hypnotist
Nebraska East Union (Great plains room) 7pm & 9pm. Free for UNL Students w/ valid NCARDFull details
Our goal is to encourage engagement outside the classroom through advising, career decision-making, financial planning, health services and other personal support resources.
We aim to provide a support system that will ease and accelerate the transition of student veterans and their military-dependents.
We assist student veterans and military dependents in their development of academic success strategies and achieving goals through life coaching.