The University of Nebraska-Lincoln has a long history of honoring and serving student veterans. From General Pershing to our modern day leaders, our obligation to honor our values of Learning, Excellence, Achievement, Diversity, Engagement, and fostering discovery through Research is the hallmark and symbol of excellence that transcends the potential that student veterans bring to UNL.
At the University of Nebraska-Lincoln, you'll join current veterans, dependents, and active duty, National Guard, and reserve members attending as under-graduate and graduate students; numerous current faculty and staff veterans; and Air Force, Army, and Navy ROTC program participants.
The transition from volunteer service, and for some, continued service in the military, to a college student can be an unfamiliar and a challenging experience. Our goal is to support student veterans to become comfortable and aware of campus and community resources focused on academic success.
- April 7, 2017 100th Anniversary of US entering WWI
- March 30, 2017 Thomas Hudner Jr. intentionally crashed his plane into a mountainside near that of fellow pilot Jesse L. Brown
- March 1, 2017 Compared to their peers, the millions of student veterans who have and are using the Post-9/11 GI Bill since 2009 are the unknow
- February 9, 2017 The Fisher House Foundation Scholarship - 17 February DEADLINE
- February 3, 2017 Six Business Skills Every New Graduate Needs to Develop
- February 3, 2017 Start a Conversation About Mental Health
- January 27, 2017 Writing Center launches Write-With-Us Fridays
- January 11, 2017 Wellness Kitchen located on East Campus Recreation, provides people with simple recipes to make food and demonstrates how to.
Friday, April 7, 2017
April NewsletterFull details
Our goal is to encourage engagement outside the classroom through advising, career decision-making, financial planning, health services and other personal support resources.
We aim to provide a support system that will ease and accelerate the transition of student veterans and their military-dependents.
We assist student veterans and military dependents in their development of academic success strategies and achieving goals through life coaching.