The University of Nebraska-Lincoln has a long history of honoring and serving student veterans. From General Pershing to our modern day leaders, our obligation to honor our values of Learning, Excellence, Achievement, Diversity, Engagement, and fostering discovery through Research is the hallmark and symbol of excellence that transcends the potential that student veterans bring to UNL.
At the University of Nebraska-Lincoln, you'll join current veterans, dependents, and active duty, National Guard, and reserve members attending as under-graduate and graduate students; numerous current faculty and staff veterans; and Air Force, Army, and Navy ROTC program participants.
The transition from volunteer service, and for some, continued service in the military, to a college student can be an unfamiliar and a challenging experience. Our goal is to support student veterans to become comfortable and aware of campus and community resources focused on academic success.
- August 19, 2017 UCARE student relies on military experience to advance UAS research
- August 18, 2017 University of Nebraska: National Security Minor Expanding
- August 18, 2017 Husker students, faculty, staff to view eclipse together
- July 21, 2017 SVA AND VFW NOW ACCEPTING 2018 LEGISLATIVE FELLOWSHIP APPLICATIONS
- June 12, 2017 Home Depot announces their Orange Honors: Scholarship Contest
- June 1, 2017 Top Gun Pilot Discusses Elite Organizations
- May 26, 2017 Make Memorial Day Every Day
- May 24, 2017 Former Navy Seal Joins Husker Football Team
Friday, August 18, 2017
Big Red Welcome
6 Weeks of Welcome For New & Returning Students: It's a festival that lasts 6 weeks.Full details
Thursday, August 24, 2017
Veterans' Town Hall Meeting
VA Nebraska-Western Iowa Health Care System senior leadership will hold a Veterans' Town Hall on 24 Aug 6:30pmFull details
Saturday, August 26, 2017
New Student Fall Welcome
A Fall Welcome event is scheduled for Saturday, August 26th in the Nebraska Union to welcome new student veteransFull details
Our goal is to encourage engagement outside the classroom through advising, career decision-making, financial planning, health services and other personal support resources.
We aim to provide a support system that will ease and accelerate the transition of student veterans and their military-dependents.
We assist student veterans and military dependents in their development of academic success strategies and achieving goals through life coaching.