The University of Nebraska-Lincoln has a long history of honoring and serving student veterans. From General Pershing to our modern day leaders, our obligation to honor our values of Learning, Excellence, Achievement, Diversity, Engagement, and fostering discovery through Research is the hallmark and symbol of excellence that transcends the potential that student veterans bring to UNL.
At the University of Nebraska-Lincoln, you'll join current veterans, dependents, and active duty, National Guard, and reserve members attending as under-graduate and graduate students; numerous current faculty and staff veterans; and Air Force, Army, and Navy ROTC program participants.
The transition from volunteer service, and for some, continued service in the military, to a college student can be an unfamiliar and a challenging experience. Our goal is to support student veterans to become comfortable and aware of campus and community resources focused on academic success.
- March 23, 2018 Engaging military-connected women beyond the classroom
- March 13, 2018 VA Education Outreach On UNL Campus
- March 13, 2018 Capital One Looking To Hire Veterans
- March 1, 2018 Free Health Support Services for Student Veterans: MVSC - Tuesdays 3-4pm
- February 13, 2018 Mutual of Omaha Internships & Job Opportunities for Student Veterans
- February 13, 2018 February 13 - 14 - 15 UNL Career Fairs
- February 9, 2018 Get Help With Your Taxes With The UNL Tax Credit Campaign
- February 9, 2018 Pat Tillman Scholarship: Deadline: 1 March
Thursday, March 1, 2018
MVSC March 2018 Newsletter
MVSC March 2018 NewsletterFull details
Tuesday, March 13, 2018
Barb Shupe with the VA's VITAL Program is on UNL's Campus & Ready to Support
Barb Shupe with the VA's VITAL Program is on UNL's Campus & Ready to SupportFull details
Tuesday, March 13, 2018
Health Support Services for Student Veterans: MVSC Tuesdays 3 - 4pm
Health Support Services for Student Veterans: MVSC Tuesdays 3 - 4pmFull details
Our goal is to encourage engagement outside the classroom through advising, career decision-making, financial planning, health services and other personal support resources.
We aim to provide a support system that will ease and accelerate the transition of student veterans and their military-dependents.
We assist student veterans and military dependents in their development of academic success strategies and achieving goals through life coaching.