The University of Nebraska-Lincoln has a long history of honoring and serving student veterans. From General Pershing to our modern day leaders, our obligation to honor our values of Learning, Excellence, Achievement, Diversity, Engagement, and fostering discovery through Research is the hallmark and symbol of excellence that transcends the potential that student veterans bring to UNL.
At the University of Nebraska-Lincoln, you'll join current veterans, dependents, and active duty, National Guard, and reserve members attending as under-graduate and graduate students; numerous current faculty and staff veterans; and Air Force, Army, and Navy ROTC program participants.
The transition from volunteer service, and for some, continued service in the military, to a college student can be an unfamiliar and a challenging experience. Our goal is to support student veterans to become comfortable and aware of campus and community resources focused on academic success.
- May 15, 2018 Nebraska’s historic Pershing Rifles are flying again.
- May 9, 2018 National Military Family Association’s Military Spouse Scholarships: Deadline 30 June
- May 8, 2018 National Veterans Tribute Network
- May 8, 2018 Reserve Officer Training Corps Commissions 25 Officers
- May 3, 2018 Huskers host Maryland for Military Appreciation Weekend: 4-6 May
- April 24, 2018 Stress-reducing activities offered ahead of finals week
- April 19, 2018 JP Morgan Virtual Military Job Fair - Monday, 23 April 12-2pm
- April 13, 2018 Eric Kelz Memorial Veteran Scholarship: $1,000
Friday, April 6, 2018
MVSC April & May Newsletter
MVSC April & May NewsletterFull details
Tuesday, May 8, 2018
Run For The Fallen & Honor and Remember 5K Run/Walk: 5-8 June
Run For The Fallen & Honor and Remember 5K Run/Walk: 5-8 JuneFull details
Thursday, May 10, 2018
Husker Fans Salute The Troops Golf Tournament - 29 June
Husker Fans Salute The Troops Golf Tournament - 29 JuneFull details
Our goal is to encourage engagement outside the classroom through advising, career decision-making, financial planning, health services and other personal support resources.
We aim to provide a support system that will ease and accelerate the transition of student veterans and their military-dependents.
We assist student veterans and military dependents in their development of academic success strategies and achieving goals through life coaching.